INVITE is divided in 8 Work Packages. A brief description of each Work Package and its objectives is provided below:
WP1 aims at analysing gaps and opportunities in the open innovation market (Task 1.1) as well as the needs and requirements of our users (Task 1.2) by employing a qualitative analytical approach that will set off a series of cocreation activities in the frame of Task 1.3, enabling us to better customise the design of the Open Innovation Lab and the interconnected pilot programme of the project according to their preferences.
- Objective 1.1. Identify market gaps and opportunities in the European open innovation landscape.
- Objective 1.2. Capture the needs and requirements of INVITE users and stakeholders.
- Objective 1.3. Co-create the pilot programme of INVITE as well as the components of the Open Innovation Lab.
- Objective 1.4. Define the “Co-design of INVITE’s pilots and Open Innovation Lab” based on co-creation outcomes
WP2 kicks-off with the elaboration of the customisation and integration framework that will guide the user-driven design of the various components of the Open Innovation Lab (Task 2.1). It proceeds with the iterative development of each component (Tasks 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4) and results to their successful integration and technical testing within the framework of Task 2.5.
- Objective 2.1. Set up the customisation and integration framework for the design of the Open Innovation Lab.
- Objective 2.2. Design, integrate and fine-tune the various components of the Open Innovation Lab in two rounds.
- Objective 2.3. Produce a fully operational and technically sound Open Innovation Lab for pilot deployment.
WP3 involves the deployment of the Open Innovation Lab in real-life settings to address actual business needs and societal challenges. It begins with the elaboration of a detailed operation plan for the pilots of INVITE (Task 3.1) and continues with its iterative execution in two rounds (Task 3.2). The activities of Task 3.3 will ensure that the performance of the pilots will be co-evaluated and validated with the help of pilot participants and stakeholders.
- Objective 3.1. Establish a detailed pilot operation plan to guide the deployment of the Open Innovation Lab.
- Objective 3.2. Deploy the Open Innovation Lab in two iterative pilot rounds in real life settings in order to address
- actual business needs and societal challenges.
- Objective 3.3. Monitor the operation of the Open Innovation Lab and establish a continuous feedback mechanism
- throughout the duration of the pilot activities.
- Objective 3.4. Validate and co-evaluate the performance and impact of the Open Innovation Lab.
WP4 will produce a suite of commercially viable and sustainable business models for the Open Innovation Lab (Task 4.1), with a view to validating them with pilot participants (Task 4.2) and elaborating the INVITE Business Plan (Task 4.3) which will guide the post-project commercial exploitation of the project’s results. Task 4.4 will safeguard the management of innovation and IPR during the entire project.
- Objective 4.1. Analyse the targeted market of the Open Innovation Lab and conclude on commercially viable and sustainable business models.
- Objective 4.2. Validate the business models for the Open Innovation Lab based on feedback provided by pilot users and stakeholders.
- Objective 4.3. Develop a business plan for the Open Innovation Lab to guide its launch to the market and safeguard its long-term sustainability beyond the lifespan of the project.
- Objective 4.4. Define the Innovation and IPR Management Strategy of the project.
- Objective 4.5. Successfully capture and manage emerging innovative ideas during project implementation.
WP5 starts by laying out and implementing the plan to be followed by INVITE for effectively engaging with its stakeholders and building a vibrant community for the project’s pilots and Open Innovation Lab (Task 5.1). It continues by setting up and operating the INVITE Advisory Board (Task 5.2) as well as by coordinating and exploiting synergies with relevant regional, national and EU initiatives (Task 5.3) throughout the duration of the project.
- Objective 5.1. Ensure effective multi-stakeholder engagement throughout the duration of the project.
- Objective 5.2. Build up a substantial and vibrant community for the Open Innovation Lab.
- Objective 5.3. Set up and operate the INVITE Advisory Board.
- Objective 5.4. Coordinate with relevant initiatives and actions at regional, national and EU level.
WP6 includes the design and implementation of the project’s strategy, plan and activities for dissemination, awareness raising and communication (Task 6.1) as well as dedicated actions aiming at triggering the uptake, replication and scale-up of the approaches and results of INVITE (Task 6.2).
- Objective 6.1. Create awareness, communicate and successfully disseminate the value propositions, activities and results of INVITE and its Open Innovation Lab.
- Objective 6.2. Organise and run project dissemination activities and events.
- Objective 6.3. Elaborate the INVITE Replication and Scale-up Guide to demonstrate with quantifiable evidence the impact of the project’s results and stimulate their replication and scale-up across Europe and beyond.
WP7 entails the Project Management and Coordination activities, which are related with the handling of all the administrative, scientific, technical, financial and legal aspects of the project.
- Objective 7.1. Safeguard effective coordination and collaboration among project partners and monitor progress.
- Objective 7.2. Ensure the fulfillment of the overall goals set by the project, within time and budget constraints.
- Objective 7.3. Reassure quality and on-time delivery of project results / deliverables.
- Objective 7.4. Produce progress (periodic and final) reports.
WP8 addresses the ethics requirements of the project.
- Objective 8.1. The objective is to ensure compliance with the 'ethics requirements' set out in this work package.